Arlington County Park Rangers are calling on volunteers to help clean Four Mile Run at Glencarlyn Park on Saturday, March 10th, from 10:00 am to Noon. The Glencarlyn Citizens’ Association will host a hot dog and marshmallow roast after the cleanup.
Get outdoors and help Arlington restore its natural spaces. Great project for individuals, families, service clubs and school groups.
- The clean-up area is from under the Arlington Blvd./Rte 50 bridge to where Long Branch enters Four Mile Run.
- Trash bags and plastic gloves will be available for volunteers at the 3rd Street picnic pavilion starting at 10am.
- Volunteers should wear long sleeve shirts and pants and should bring work gloves if they have them.
- After the clean-up, the hot dog and marshmallow roast will be held at the 3rd Street picnic pavilion.
- Invite lots of friends to help in the cleanup and enjoy the roast.
Pippy and Matt Sickbert and Brandon Hemel are coordinating the event. Please email them at email@example.com to let them know if you are thinking about attending, so they can plan for the food. If you didn’t get a chance to contact them, show up anyway because there will be extra food.