The February 2018 Village View has been posted to the Village View page.
We invite everyone to walk the neighborhood, admire the Luminaria and come to the Library parking lot (Kensington St., between 3rd and 4th Sts.), beginning at 6 pm until 8 pm, for the celebration. We will have holiday music, cookies, warm beverages (cocoa, spiced cider) and marshmallows for roasting.
Santa will arrive around 6:30 pm with a little something for the youngsters.
Even if you won’t be placing luminaria in front of your home, please join us for friendship and refreshments. This is a wonderful family activity and a great opportunity to greet your neighbors.
Luminaria packs can be purchased at Carlin Hall, 5711 4th Street S., between 9 am and 3 pm on December 10th. Each 10 candle Luminaria pack, which includes tea candles, white paper bags and sand, costs $5.00 and will light the frontage of an average 50/60 foot lot.
We need lots of volunteers to help on Saturday December 9th both during the day, selling the Luminaria kits, as well as in the evening for set-up, running and clean-up at the Holiday Party.
Please sign up to help with one or both events.
Luminaria: 4 people are needed for each of the four 2 hour shifts between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm. At least two people will be working inside and one bagging sand outside. You can rotate the assignments. (The last shift will also place luminaria in front of the Library and Carlin Hall.)
Holiday Party: 3 or 4 people are needed for each of the four 1 hour shifts between 5:15 and 8:30 pm for set-up, operation and clean up. Cookies Needed for Holiday Party. Please note, we need 10 dozen cookies for the Holiday Party. Bring cookies to the Party or drop them off at Carlin Hall during the day.
- If you can volunteer, or have any questions, please contact Julie Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808-384-4954.
- Volunteer Online
- If you prefer, you can volunteer online by going to: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084baeac2da2fe3-gcaluminaria
- Then pick a time(s) you would like to help, click “submit”, you will be asked to enter your name and email. Then click the “sign-up now” button.
The November 2017 Village View has been posted to the Village View page. Features an article on the Nov. 6 GCA meeting which includes a community meet & greet at 7pm, and the guest speaker, ACPD Capt. Adrienne Quigley, for the regular meeting that begins at 7:30pm.
Glencarlyn’s annual Halloween Party for the neighborhood’s younger ghosts and goblins will be held Saturday, October 28 from 2:30-4:30pm at Carlin Hall 5711 4th St. S.
- Dress your young ones in their Halloween costume and bring them to the party.
- We will have snacks and lots of activities.
- Children 6th grade and under are invited, and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Feel free to bring a snack, craft, or game to share. We need parent volunteers to help with the party.
- If you can help, please contact Heather Parsons at:email@example.com, or call 202-309-8511