Elementary School Swap Info
The Elementary School Planning Questionnaire Deadline is Nov 24! TAKE TIME TO RESPOND
Learn more about Proposals to Move Some Elementary Schools, to include Campbell and Carlin Springs, to address enrollment growth challenges. Visit the Engage page for detailed information, a timeline and FAQs. The Elementary school planning questionnaire deadline is Nov. 24!
Other ways to express your concerns about School Swaps and Boundary Changes are:
1. Attend the School Board Open House Office Hours.
The School Board generally holds Open Office Hours on Mondays from 5 to 7 PM (unless otherwise noted in the chart below) on days that school is in session at the Syphax Education Center at 2110 Washington Blvd, Arlington VA.
Citizens are welcome to meet with a School Board Member on a walk-in basis during Open Office Hours.
Upcoming Open Office Hours for the 2019-20 School Year
- November 25, 2019 Reid Goldstein 5:30 – 7:00 PM
- December 2, 2019 Monique O’Grady 6 – 8 PM
- December 9, 2019 Tannia Talento 5 – 7 PM
- December 16, 2019 Nancy Van Doren 5 – 7 PM
- January 6, 2020 Barbara Kanninen 5 – 7 PM
- January 13, 2020 Reid Goldstein 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- January 21, 2020 Tannia Talento 8:30 – 10:30 AM
- January 27, 2020 Nancy Van Doren 5 – 7 PM
- February 3, 2020 Monique O’Grady 6 – 8 PM
2. Send Emails Directly to the School Board Members, expressing your thoughts and feelings: firstname.lastname@example.org., email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Arlington Public Schools (APS) has made two proposals to deal with overcrowding in the elementary schools. One proposal moves the Campbell Elementary Expeditionary program to The Arlington Traditional School, and moves the majority of students at Carlin Springs to Campbell. Campbell Elementary would become a neighborhood school.
- It is unclear where the Glencarlyn children would go because Campbell is not in Glencarlyn’s walk zone.
- And Campbell is not large enough for all of the Carlin Springs students.
- Moving the Expeditionary program away from Campbell would not only hurt the program, it could negatively impact the diversity of the student body.